8.6.15

VELO VOGUEING IT IN FLORAL

If you know me, you know my deep affinity for bicycles. Riding my bike feels like what I would imagine flying to be like. It's so freeing and fun. If you're reading this you might also get the hint that I'm into fashion. Combine the two and I'm in! When Rosie told me about an upcoming bike-fashion show, I was sold. It's called the Velo Vogue fashion show and was held last weekend in Ottawa. The set up was amazing. There were colourful bike wheels hanging from the ceiling, cool seating areas, and an ice cream truck! There was a really funky vibe going on. 

I wore my floral suit which has become an instant summer favourite. Ever since I bought it back in the spring, I knew this would be a go to this season. It's a stretch denim so it's very comfortable and the colour palette has my heart. 

The show featured models walking and some riding down the runway with their bikes. I wasn't able to get any good snaps for you but if you're curious you can view more coverage here! The bikes were just too fast for my photog skills. 

How was your weekend? 

Suit: Value Village, $10. Shoes: Spring, $12.50. Tank: Old Navy, $4. Necklace: F21, $12. Clutch: Primark, $20. 










PHOTOS BY ROSIE WAUGH AND LISA KIDD.



2 comments:

  1. great event it seems! :))

    check out my blog + follow too?

    wildvagabondss.blogspot.com
    xo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was definitely one of my favourite looks on you! You're such a cutie I can't deal and you have to best luck at the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ LAURA KIDD | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN