23.6.15

NOT ALL SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS




Social media can be such a highlight reel. Most people only post their best pictures in moments when they're having fun. There's nothing wrong with that, I do it too, but it's hard to relate sometimes to other people when it seems like they're life is perfect. It's difficult to tell when someone is having a hard time or going through something.
I haven't posted on here in a few weeks because I've been too busy with work and other things. I haven't had the time to take pictures or edit videos for my youtube even though I'd really like to. 


I've also recently had my first panic attack in a long time. My anxiety had been building for a few weeks and I haven't given myself proper attention and care. It's gotten to a point where I need some intensive self care and I have to force myself to start saying no to things so I can focus on me for a little while. 

I just wanted to write this to share how I'm feeling and be honest. I wasn't sure what to write about since I don't have a lot of time or any outfit pictures. I wanted to share a more human side of me and also remind you that it's ok to not be ok sometimes. And it's ok to share that, take time for you, and ask for help. It's so important to listen to your body. We often put ourselves last on the list and now I truly regret doing that. I know it will be a few weeks of my self care regimen until I'm feeling fully myself again. The good news is it's Summer and that instantly makes me a happier Laura. I also have some vacation time in a week. 

If you're reading this, I hope you know that my life is not always as happy as it seems, and I'm not always feeling great, even though I may not show it. We're all human and we're all in this together. Simply telling someone how I feel and writing this now makes me feel better. 

Cheers to better times, holding hope, and healing. 

I saw this daisy on the side of the road on the weekend and I took it as a sign of hope and a reminder to keep fighting. I wanted so badly to pick it but decided to leave it there so it could be a sign for someone else and help them like it helped me. 


No comments:

Leave a comment.

Copyright @ LAURA KIDD | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN