7.2.14

Winter Dressing Circus

Winter is always a difficult time to dress. In trying to keep warm, you have to layer up. You can't just wear a simple outfit. There has to be the base layer, and the base layer has to go with the rest of the layers. And on top of that, you have to wear a big bulky coat and sometimes a hat, scarf, and leather gloves. It really is a challenge trying to make this whole dressing circus work in my favour 7 days a week but this is the season where my many blazers come in handy. Everyday for work I generally wear either a skirt and sometimes pants, paired with either a blouse or t-shirt and topped with some type of blazer. I wear the same coat and almost the same boots everyday and some combination of hat and scarf. 

The dressing ordeal is one of the reasons I hate winter. I just feel heavy and cold and hot and wet all at the same time and it's not pretty. While there's not much I can do to sway Canada into warmer weather, I can choose to dress wisely and try to smile through it. If you're not sure what to wear in below digits weather, I'd suggest investing in a few key items:

  • warm coat (mines consignment, check thrift stores!)
  • Doc Martens (the only boot ever)
  • hats (H&M has some cute ones)
  • scarves (thrift shops have the best)
  • leather gloves 
  • insulated nylons (Mark's)
  • fleece-lined leggings or pants 
Coat: Rikochet Resale $260 Skirt: gifted and thrifted, Sweater: H&M, thrifted, $6 Purse: Valentina, Winners, $26 Boots: Spring, $20 Glasses, Kenzo, clearlycontacts.com , Necklace: gifted 



Photos by Rosie Waugh.

2 comments:

  1. Hello sweety! You have a nice blog and beautiful photo)

    Lets follow each other on GFC or/and G+? Write me if you agree and I follow you back! ;)

    Welcom to the world of fashion, diy and travel!)

    WWW.CENTRALSTREET.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your skirt! It's like a blanket that is socially acceptable to wear in public. This winter sure has seemed rough - the US keeps getting hit with frigid minus temps.. blah blah blah, I shouldn't get into the weather on a fashion blog. lol Love your creative layering though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ LAURA KIDD | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN