20.1.16

Embracing Canadian Winter

My hands are quite icy while writing this post! Winter is in full swing and this is about the time I'd usually pull out my long list of complaints. I'm choosing not to be that person, at least if I can help it! Complaining is such a natural tendency when something isn't ideal but I'm trying to challenge my urges so I can have a more peaceful mind about it. I mean, I do live in Canada, it's about time I begin embracing all that it is - flaws and all. Maybe Winter isn't so bad. Yes it's cold, but there are worse things. 

Learning to be comfortable in uncomfortable situations is something I've been trying to hone lately. If we know that what we focus on grows, why do we sometimes tend to focus on only the bad? Or cold, in my instance. When I'm in an uncomfortable situation, I've been trying to raise the little voice in my head that has the power to say "you know what, this is not pleasant, but that's ok." Even something as simple as that actually makes me feel better about it. And since what we focus on grows, I'm going to focus on palm trees and sand. I'll let you know if I end up on a beach!

I'm starting my Kundalini yoga teacher training this weekend. I'm sooo excited to embark on what I imagine will be an incredible journey. And I'm taking you with me. I'm going to be blogging about my yogi adventures! Maybe that's what I'll call it: Yogi Adventures

So, here is me embracing Winter. Fashion definitely helps!

Speaking of fashion, another way to embrace Winter is to force yourself out of the house, put some lipstick on, and head to an event in your city. I'm really looking forward to Capital Catwalk on January 30. Ottawa doesn't host too many fashion shows so when one occurs, I'm on it! If you're in Ottawa or even Montreal, it will definitely be worth the drive. Get your tickets here.


Embracing Winter 1

Embracing Winter 2

Embracing Winter 3
Embracing Winter 5

Embracing Winter 6
PHOTOS BY ROSIE.



No comments:

Leave a comment.

Copyright @ LAURA KIDD | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN