5.7.13

Red and White


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Are you sick of seeing red and white? Or shall I say red, white AND now blue? Tired of the endless Instagram fireworks videos and pictures of fireworks in general? Well, just when you thought it was over... BAM! Here's some more red and white, served on a platter with a side of fries (just kidding, I have no fries).

All jokes aside, why not take one more minute to celebrate this beautiful country? I love Canada and I'm so proud to be a Canadian. While I'm half Italian, I was born here and am so fortunate to live in this beautiful country. 

To celebrate, I went downtown with my best friend Rosie and sister Lisa to see Metric perform for FREE! We've paid hundreds of dollars and traveled to both Montreal and Kingston to see this band, not to mention seeing them here in Ottawa a few times too. So when we heard they were one of the performers at the Canada Day concert this year, we had to go, despite our fears of going downtown on Canada Day (it's INSANE and not for the claustrophobic). 

Despite not actually seeing them from where we stood, hearing Metric perform and being in the huge crowd that fills downtown Ottawa every year on Canada Day was worth the trip. They only played two songs but we sang along to both and seemed to be the only fans in our part of the crowd, so it was more like a Laura-Rosie-Lisa concert where we were standing.

After the fireworks, we went to Lonestar for some margaritas and fajitas and my night ended with a romantic fireworks show in Stittsville with my boyfriend, Jonathan. 

How was your Canada Day / 4th of July?!


People watching.





Rosie and Lisa. 

Instapics.



All pictures taken by Lisa Kidd or myself.

dress: value village, $5
purse: value village, $4
necklace: forever 21, $13
leggings: joe fresh, $10
shoes: naturalizer, value village, $7
belt: value village, $3

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful top and magic smile.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetheart! xoxo Hope you're enjoying summer, even though it's probably always summer where you are, hehe. Much love.

      Delete
  2. You look so awesome! I love these colors together so much! (I am actually wearing them in my latest post too!) You leopard flats are a wonderful accent!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ LAURA KIDD | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN