21.7.13

I'm so tangy people call me Matangi

Where did July go? This month has been full of great concerts and there is one more to come this Monday (stay tuned). This month I saw Solange at Ottawa's Bluesfest (AH-MAZING) and M.I.A. the week after. Such an overload of greatness in two weeks. 

M.I.A. is hands down one of my favourite artists and fashion icons. From her upbeat and original sounds to her bright t-shirts and embellished shorts, I simply adore and look up to this woman. Not only is she a true artist, amazing performer and fashion icon, she is also a human rights activist. She's had a huge impact on my style and inspires me to wear brighter colours, unique pieces and GOLD, GOLD, GOLD!

I've been following her music ever since first hearing her second album, Kala. I instantly loved how different she sounded and loved how weird and quirky she is. Since Kala, M.I.A. released her third album Maya and is working on a fourth as we speak. She recently released two new tracks: "Bring the Noize" and "Only 1 U" which are both amazing and a taste of what's to come on her fourth album, Matangi.

I am blessed to say this was my second time seeing her and it was an unreal experience once again. Her music is so wild, different and fun, making her concerts just that. I loved her outfit and she even told us that her mother made it (HOW CUTE!)

I originally planned on wearing some bright colours but the humidity and heat made me think more wisely. I swear it must've been 40'c because I was melting even in just a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals. The t-shirt and bag are recent thrift finds that I adore. I am loving white right now so I was very happy to find such cool, bright, white pieces.

Have you seen any concerts lately? Tell me in the comments! Also- follow me on Instagram to see more videos and pictures of the concerts: "laurakidd"




Photo by Normand Blouin, Montreal Gazette. Full concert article here.


shirt: lundstrom, value village, $3 shorts: h&m, rikochet resale, $12 purse: goodwill, $6 rings: vinage show, glebe garage sale ($3-5 each)







Beautiful Montreal.


All photos were taken by Rosie Waugh, Michael Tundo, and myself. Photo of M.I.A. credit in caption.


1 comment:

  1. Great look photos, and make up.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ LAURA KIDD | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN