27.7.13

Bey Bey

As I said in my last post, I've been very fortunate to have a music-filled month. I saw Solange, M.I.A. and the last goddess on my list was Beyonce. I surprised my sister with tickets a few months ago and we've been anxiously awaiting our Beyonce weekend. Since the concert was on a Monday, we decided to turn the whole experience into a mini weekend vacation to Montreal. We got there on Sunday night, went out for dinner and went back to the hotel to relax and I gave Lisa a mani-pedi (I like to do nails, heh). On Bey-day, we got up early and went out to Eggspectation for breakfast. If you have one in your city, I truly reccommend going because everything was delicious. I regret not taking any pictures for you! After breakfast, we got in our swimsuits and went for a dip in the outdoor pool and to soak up some sun. Being pale ladies, we didn't stay out too long in hopes we'd escape a sunburn. We got ready and hit St. Catharines street for some shopping. Our favourite spot was Zara. There's something special about the Zara in Montreal that we just don't have at the one here in Ottawa. They have way more sales, more shoes and friendlier staff, I have to say. I found the black flatforms I've been dreaming of, black patent loafers and these gorgeous drop-crotch pants. I loved them so much that I had to wear them to the concert. Plus, they were super comfy to dance in. Speaking of dance, Beyonce was absolutely everything we expected and more. It was a hell of a show complete with booty-poppin, body-twerkin, and of course, freakum dresses. See below for my favourite costume change and performance. The next day we went out to the art gallery, did a bit more shopping and set sail home. It was a much-needed, relaxing and fun weekend away with the best sister ever.



Top: Value Village, $3 - Body Chain: DIY, brooch from VV $2 - Pants: Zara, $30 - Shoes: Aldo, $38 - Purse: Valentina, Winners, $26 - Cuff: Joe Fresh, $7 Rings: Midi- Spring, $6 for 3, Orange- Ottawa Vintage Show, $14 - Lipstick: Covergirl Lip Perfection in Divine 





My new nailz, I thought they were Bey approved. Did em myself. 


My beautiful and verrry sparkly twin Lisa. How cool is her sequinned/beaded scalloped top?! A thrift find of course. 

Just got to our hotel. Twins weekend begins!


Loved this graffitti! VOGUE! All photos taken by myself and Lisa. 
My FAVOURITE stage outfit from her show. Epitome of glamour. Look at the details! Photos found here.
My favourite song and favourite performance. I just about died and went to Bey-heaven when I saw this:

4 comments:

  1. OMG! What a downright amazing weekend! And you dressed fabulously. Those pants are too die for. Could Beyonce get any more perfect? I always get major hair envy from her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was an amazing weekend. And nope, Bey can't get more perfect, haha. Her hair is amazzzzzzing. Probably a million extensions but still gorgeous. And it got caught in the fan, sadly: http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2013/07/beyonce-sings-through-hair-stuck-in-fan-mishap.html

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this outfit. Probably one of my favourites ever, where'd you get the necklace/body chain thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I made it myself. Really easy. I bought the chain from Walmart for $3.50 and the brooch is from VV and I just hooked it on :D

      Delete

Copyright @ LAURA KIDD | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN