27.2.16

Night Bright

Sweet and sour. Bright with subdued. Darks with brights. 

We've been seeing these trends float around for some time now but for me, they never get old. Colourful clothes make me so happy. There's always a way of re-inventing yourself by mixing and matching different colours and patterns. I find that when I wear bright colours, I not only lift my own spirits but I notice it affecting the people I see throughout the day. Especially during Winter in my city. It's grey, white, slushy, messy. So I think a bright outfit ~and lip~ is refreshing to see. 

I wore this out with my gal pals for my very first Galentine's Day. I've been a single lady for almost six months now. It's been a journey of mending a broken heart mixed with self love and discovery. I go through phases of feeling sad, happy, lonely, and free. I was actually looking forward to spending time with my best friends this Valentine's Day. It's a day to celebrate love, whatever that may look like. I've been trying to find love in all of the non-traditional ways. In learning to love myself and others to my greatest capacity, I find my loneliness subsides and my heart opens to new possibilities. So cheers to that!  



Blazer, Top, Purse, Necklace: Value Village, $5-10. Leggings: Joe Fresh, $30. Boots: New Look, $30. Ring: Camden Market, $6. Lipstick: NYX - Amethyst. 





PHOTOS BY AURELIA. 

No comments:

Leave a comment.

Copyright @ LAURA KIDD | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN