19.10.15

The Fashion Kidd x Rogers Daytime TV

I was on TV this week!! 

A little while ago I was given the opportunity to appear in a special bloggers edition of Rogers Daytime TV, a local Ottawa station. I went on the show with Rosie of Secondhand Rose since we both have a love for fashion and shopping. We shared our tips for shopping at vintage, thrift, and consignment stores and had so many laughs in between. This was my first time on LIVE tv so it was definitely nerve racking but once we got talking, it was a breeze. Special thanks to Marilou of 20YS for setting this up and being so fun to work with. We met back in 2011 at Ottawa Fashion Week and so we have an insider where we refer to each other as #OriginalLove, ha! 

It was an experience I'll never forget and I hope I can go on again soon! I love sharing my passion for thrifting and having fun with clothes. You can view the clip here if you are a Rogers customer but if not, head to my Instagram to see some of the clips! 

Let's chat briefly about my outfit. I wanted to wear something with colour and also be fun for TV! I think what I ended up choosing did just that and more. I felt confident and also loved that almost everything I wore was thrifted. You gotta practice what you preach! 



Hey, that's my blog! 

On set with our beautiful co-host Marilou Moles of 20YS! (see Derick Fage, our other host, in the pics below!) Thank you to both of them and Rogers TV for making this such a fun experience. 

Jacket: This is actually a dress that I wore open. Value Village, $6. Dress: Value Village, $6. Necklaces: "Fashion" from H&M, $13. Silver, gifted. Boots: New Look, $29. 




Rings: Ottawa Vintage Clothing Show, $15. Aldo (I think), $5-8. Nails: Shoppers Drug Mart. (please these aren't mine!) PHOTOS BY ROSIE WAUGH

No comments:

Leave a comment.

Copyright @ LAURA KIDD | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN