23.2.15

Thick of Winter

I feel like weather-wise, we're currently on the fence between Winter and Spring. It's still freezing and there are piles upon piles of snow but we're a week away from March, so that's gotta mean Spring is around the corner, right?

I often feel like I wear more of a uniform in the Winter rather than an actual outfit. I can only afford so many coats and very few are warm enough to own a variety. My dream coat would be a camel Max Mara long classic coat with the sash tie. I came across the next best thing on a recent thrifting trip. I loved it so much, I didn't even see the pricetag until it was scanned and my eyes widened. I wouldn't normally spend $40 on a used coat but this one was different for some reason. It is gorgeous and exactly the colour and texture I wanted. It's oversized, has huge pockets, and is lined with silk. When I got home, I looked at the materials and read wool, cashmere, and angora. Suddenly the price tag made sense and actually seemed cheap. The inner tag also said it was made in France. I originally hadn't planned on wearing it until Spring because it seems so thin but I just couldn't resist. It's actually sooo warm, my guess is because of the materials. That and it's a lot longer than my actual Winter coat so it keeps my legs warm. 

I'm also on the hunt for a new pair of docs since I'm ruining my pretty flower ones. I have my eyes on the new collection, have you seen? Ugh.  





Coat: Dejac, Value Village, $40. Scarf: Value Village, $6. Leggings: Winners, $16. Boots: New Look, $40. Hair Scrunchy: Ardene, $4 pack of two. 

Photos by Jon Lindsay. 

No comments:

Leave a comment.

Copyright @ LAURA KIDD | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN