15.4.14

Ottawa Vintage Clothing Show: Spring Edition!

I'm a freak for anything vintage. Vintage items are different, durable, and charming. I'd way rather shop in a thrift store or vintage store than a mall any day. My eyes never get bored when vintage hunting and I feel like I'm searching for buried treasure, quite literally. This past Sunday was the Ottawa Vintage Clothing Show and my fourth (or fifth?) time at the semi-annual show. While I usually go with friends and end up on my own lost in the vintage abyss, this time I went to the show alone. I arrived with two hours to shop but took my time sifting through each booth, carefully looking out for gems. I can scan a rack pretty quickly and decide if there's anything special worth looking into. 

I bought quite a bit this time. I want to properly photograph everything in outfits so you can get a better idea of how to incorporate vintage treasures into an outfit so stay tuned for that post. While I did see some of the same things from the fall show, I noticed some new booths. There was a lot more jewelry booths this year. One such in particular carried jewelry that had been re-purposed. The owner creates new pieces with broken or tattered vintage jewelry. Another new thing I noticed was a rack of vintage tapestries and Indian scarves which I thought was genius and a great addition. I met some really fantastic and wild women too, see below. I love connecting with like-minded vintage lovers and exchanging cards for future collaboration. Check out my snaps from the show:

What I wore: blazer: borrowed from sister Lisa, pants: value village, $6. top: value village, $4.  






It was lovely and inspiring meeting Joa. How fabulous is she? Dressed to the nines from head to toe and the attitude to match! She is a creative consultant in Toronto but will be moving to Ottawa shortly (and very excited about it!). I was blown away by her outfit. Happy she agreed to let me take her photo.  



I was drawn to Cherry's vintage army style and bright red locks. Lovely meeting you!

No comments:

Leave a comment.

Copyright @ LAURA KIDD | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN