5.4.14

Carnivale

When I first started my blog, I had a few outfits in mind that I knew I wanted to show you and this blazer was definitely on that list. What's funny is this is literally the first time many of you see this blazer. I've had it for years and it's safe to say it's my favourite. It's been named by friends as my hussel blazer because it reminds them of music artist M.I.A. and her song Hussel. It also fits me at virtually any size. The garment itself is a size 4 but it fits me anywhere between an 8 and 16. Sorry to be corny but it literally resembles the sisterhood of the traveling pants. It just magically always fits. This is part of the reason I invest in so many blazers. Not only are they classic, they're flexible. Do you have a garment that fits you at every size?

I tend to wear it on special occasions so when I was invited to attend a Carnivale-themed fundraising event in support of mental health, I knew exactly what to wear. The event featured a magician, slam poet, and improv group. It was put on by the PR students at Algonquin College so I wanted to show my support of the program that changed my life and also a cause that touches my heart. 

blazer: alfred sung, value village, $4. top: value village, $6. leggings: american apparel, $40. boots: forever 21, $22. headscarf: value village, $1. bracelets: value village, $2, aldo, $3. bag: valentina, winners, $26. earrings: aldo, borrowed from Lisa. 




Photos taken by Lisa Kidd.




1 comment:

  1. That blazer is divine! What a perfect setting to wear it in. I have quite a few skirts and oversized sweaters that have been with me through multiple sizes so I would say they're close friends to me. haha

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ LAURA KIDD | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN