28.1.13

All-black Winter + Art Child

I wore this outfit to the Art Child workshop + fashion show yesterday. My friend, and local fashion designer, the extremely talented Amy Scarlett, designed eight pieces for the fashion show. On the way to the show, my sister snapped a few pictures for me in front of this gorgeous wall in the Glebe. I thought it was a great location for the occasion! That rhymes. 

The event really proved the importance of art, both for children and adults. They auctioned off paintings, had craft groups for kids and beauty/fashion booths for the adults. This is what I typically look like these frigid winter days. I braved the cold to wear my glittery shoes. I wore them at the cost of cold toes because I just couldn't handle everything being black.




 
what I'm wearing:

headscarf: value village, $3
scarf: gifted
coat: creenstone, rikochet resale, $260
pants: bcbg, rikochet resale, $20
shoes: winners, $15
mittens: joe fresh, $4

My favourite Amy Scarlett look. 



Me and my twin, Lisa at the show. Isn't she stunning?


All photos taken by Lisa Kidd and myself. 









3 comments:

  1. The event sounds like so much fun! And I'm absolutely looooving your outfit, especially the pop of gold from the shoes :)

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog
    hope you enter my giveaway rachaeldobbins.blogspot.co.uk

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura,

    Hope you had a great weekend! Just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for a Leibster Award: http://petite-adventures.blogspot.ca/2013/02/liebster-award.html.

    xo Kate

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ LAURA KIDD | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN